Friday, October 21, 2011

Sura


I know I haven't posted anything is what seems like forever but I have been in some deep dark places recently. As I did my best to find the light I had music like this to be my soundtrack. This piece is entitled Sura by Ben Lukas Boysen aka Hecq. Now upon first listen you may think "ahhhh techno, I hate techno" and dismiss it but you'd be doing yourself a disservice. This is piece has nothing at all to do with techno.

Hecq's music is raw and uncompromising, it's unrelenting. It's heavy and comprised more of manipulated sounds than actual instrumentation. It's inventive, provocative, and all in your face not asking to be liked and daring you to categorize it. This tune in particular, off of his 2010 EP release of the same name is one that ONLY belongs on the big boy speakers but be warned, when the bass kicks in you might be getting a knock on your front door by either your neighbors or the police.

I might also suggest steeltongued off of his 2009 release of the same name and the Trifonic remix of With Angels off of his 2011 release Avenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment