Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hey Sexy Lady (remix by Skrillex)


Look, if you haven't heard of Skrillex by now then prepare yourself. You will either absolutely love what they do or you will most assuredly hate it with every fiber of your being. Me, I love it and can't get enough of their sound and music. They have taken the formula of music and thrown up all over it. They have taken songs you would otherwise recognize and turn them completely on their heads. The intro to them I bring to you is a remix by them by the new Bad Boy/Puffy machine group known as iSQUARE and their song Hey Sexy Lady. No never hearing the original version (I found the remix by accident), after hearing Skrillex's version of this song I have absolutely no desire to hear the original and maybe you won't either.

Now I will admit that Skrillex's sound isn't for every ear and while mine finds it tasty, yours may not agree. Their stuff could take some getting used to but if you throw their stuff on your stereo with your "big boy" speakers pumping you may just become a convert. I won't break down what I love about this song, listen to it and you'll hear it for yourself. I will say this though, while I was going through my shit earlier this year, it was Skrillex (along with some other artists) that kept me going, kept my head on straight and allowed me to push through my issues. For that, I will always be a fan.

And if you like this song (or what they've done to it) then you should check out their original piece First of The Year. That is only if your ears can take it of course. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment