Monday, April 8, 2013

Maps

This little song always makes me smile, I find it cute. Someone close to me said it sounds like it belongs in a John Hughes film and maybe that's why I like it so much. The quirky tune is entitled Maps and it's by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are an indie band from NYC comprised of Karen O on vocals, guitarist/keyboardist Nick Zinner, and drummer Brian Chase.

Maps is off their debut album Fever To Tell and it's a quirky song with a catchy melody. It starts off with Nicks guitar and Brian comes in pounding the tom toms and bass drum. Karen then joins the fun with a great delivery that makes this song so enjoyable.

This trio are definitely too cool for school and though I like this song, I am not much of a fan of their other stuff. That being said, I am a HUGE fan of this song and no matter how many times I hear it, it does make me smile. Enjoy!



1 comment: