Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Outro

When I first heard this glorious piece in the Cloud Atlas movie trailer, it gave me goosebumps and my quest began. Initially all efforts and attempts to hear it (without queuing up the trailer) came up fruitless and I thought I would never hear it the way it should be heard, loudly. Then months later I was listening to a soundtrack for an upcoming movie and wondered about the artist behind the score. It was then, in my digging did I find the piece, THIS piece and the goosebumps returned.

The piece is entitled Outro and it's by the group M83. It's off their sixth studio album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. It's a glorious sonic feast for your ears, it's full of melody, magnificence, and joy. I am completely enamored with it and can't stop listening to it. It starts off slowly, giving you a taste of the melody and then it fades to black, drifting away to a soft rumble. When it returns, it does so like the dawn of a new day. The vocals, the strings, the bombast, and the drums all come together to deliver pure beauty.

No matter how many times I hear this song I still get the goosebumps and I hope that feeling never goes away. I hope you get as much from Outro by M83 as I have and do. Maybe it'll give you goosebumps too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment