Wednesday, May 8, 2013

When My Train Pulls In

It's been awhile since I posted something but nothing has really touched me deeply enough to warrant a post. That was until I ran across this bruiser by Gary Clark Jr. It's a bluesy rock freight train entitled When My Train Pulls In. It was originally released on his 2008 independent album Worry No More and then re-released on his 2012 Warner Bros. debut album Blak and Blu. Quite simply, this song is a burner.

When I first heard it I pegged Mr. Clark as a poor mans Jimi Hendrix, but the more I listened to the song the more I loved it (and the louder I played it). It's got a great melody and his guitar playing (on the recorded version) is vicious. It's not so much in the video posted below but don't let that fool you, this song is all fire. So much so to me that I don't even bother paying attention to the lyrics and for those that know me, they know that's downright miraculous. You can blame the crunching guitars for that.

Gary may not be a household name just yet but if he keeps playing like this, pretty soon this young man will be all over the place. Of this I have no doubt. Check out the song and enjoy the freight train.


1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not sure what you've got in your playlist, but this is good! ~sigh~ Thank you, Daddy. I needed something nice and rich to sink my teeth into tonight. ~kiss~

    ReplyDelete