Monday, May 13, 2013

Blue Ocean Floor

Okay, I'm just going to be upfront and honest with you, I am addicted to this song and may need an intervention. I know, I know...of all the songs in all the world, but hey I came clean so don't judge me! The song is Blue Ocean Floor by Justin Timberlake off his 2013 release The 20/20 Experience. For some unknown reason, I can't get this song off my mind and I can't stop playing it.

It's a delicate song and really there's not much to it outside of the vocal arrangement. The music hardly changes except when Justin gets to the "bridge", then the music seemingly falls away sans a lone violin which ushers the music back in with burst of strings and ocean surf sounds.

Now I have been hooked on some pretty obscure songs in the past and I have truly played some songs continually almost nonstop, but my addiction to this song boggles my mind. I'm not going to worry about it though, I'm just going to enjoy it until I can break free of it. And if you somehow become addicted to this song, please do not hold it against me, blame Justin!!!


1 comment:

  1. You said something to me the other day that I need to say back to you now...I wasn't sure at the beginning. But of course, it's you, so I gave it a chance.

    This wasn't at all what I expected from Justin, but you always find the hidden gems. I'm don't think I'll be addicted (~googling intervention steps~), but it was a fascinating - mystic even. It literally felt like you were in the water. Hitting replay to see what I'll hear the second time. :-)

    ReplyDelete