Friday, May 10, 2013

Devil's Halo

Honestly I can listen to this piece all day and never grow tired of its beauty. The song is Devil's Halo off the album of the same name by the multi talented Me'Shell NdegeOcello. This is the second song off of her Devil's Halo album that I saw fit to post and it probably won't be the last, that's how amazing that album truly is. Released in 2009, Halo still sounds relevant and fresh to me...and beautiful.

Devil's Halo is a sweet instrumental that only plays for a little over two minutes but you may find yourself coming back to it time and time again to let it wash over you. It's poignant and melancholy and it's the perfect soundtrack for a rainy weekend indoors. It begins with the keys playing the melody and then the drums join in. The acoustic guitar follows and this song just floats.

I can't get enough of Halo, I think it's the other jewel on the album, the remake of Love You Down being the other. And if you like this piece as much as I do, look into her 1999 release entitled Bitter. I'm pretty sure you'll love it, and be on the lookout for another song or two from this album because like I said, this song probably won't be the last posted from Halo.



1 comment:

  1. From the first notes it had me. I didn't want it to end. And yes...it is the perfect accompaniment to the rain spring evening tonight. ~replay~

    ReplyDelete