Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Short Change Hero

Right off the bat, let me just say that I have been a fan of this band from the UK since their smash How You Like Me Now hit the scene back in 2009. The band is The Heavy and that song was off their debut album The House That Dirt Built and that album was a burner. One of the reasons I describe that album as such is because this burner is also on that same album. Short Change Hero is a true groove heavy song which makes you react to it even if you don't want to.

It starts off with the sounds of someone digging a grave in a thunderstorm and after the last clap of lightning, the groove kicks in. The beat is heavy and rumbling and lead singer Kelvin Swaby's somewhat falsetto voice kicks into gear. When he sings I can't see where ya comin' from/But I know just what ya runnin' from/And what matters aint the who's baddest but the/Ones who stop you fallin from your ladder this song is off and running.

Short Change Hero, much like How You Like Me Now has been used to push all sorts of things and recently the TV show Longmire uses it to promote it's upcoming second season. Smart marketing if you ask me. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm....Bold dark flavor. LOVED! It reminded me of a heavier version of Dylan's "Things Have Changed" Am I imagining things??? lol

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo

    ReplyDelete