Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tomorrow

Whenever I hear this song, something stirs deep within me, this song touches my soul. It's entitled Tomorrow by Salif Keita off of his 1999 release Papa. Salif is from the African country Mali and he is known as the "Golden Voice of Africa", which is very apropos. Tomorrow is one of his most well known songs and I can listen to it virtually nonstop.

If you've seen the movie Ali starring Will Smith then you've heard this song, if not then I am more than happy to introduce it to you. It's a slow tempo song that sounds almost mournful. The music is like a dirge sometimes, but Salif sings over it he turns this into something magical. I have no idea what he's saying in the verses but that matters not to me, beauty is beauty and this...this is beauty.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do even though I know it's not for everyone. For some, it will hit you right away and for others who don't get it, I ask for you to let it grow on you. One day it'll hit you and your soul will thank you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment