Monday, May 13, 2013

Learning the Ropes

Learning the Ropes, a crazy danceable tune from Ludique takes me back to the days when I spent my nights in the clubs and my days in a fog. The song is off of their 2011 self titled release and in my opinion, the song rocks. When I hear it and close my eyes I can see the strobe lights, the lighted floors and darkened corners of a dance club somewhere in the belly of Manhattan.

The groove is unmistakable and unshakable, the beat of course keeps the up tempo pace as instruments and vocals come in and out. Quite the witty arrangement in my opinion, it keeps the track from becoming stale. The best way to appreciate this track of course it to strap on your big boy speakers and let it rip. Your neighbors may initially hate it but don't be surprised if they come knocking on your door to get the name of the song eventually.

This is a great activity song but my only issue with the song is its abrupt ending. Its like someone just chopped off its tail. If you can get past that though, then chances are you will come to dig this groove as much as I do. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment