Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nothing Can Keep Me Away

This is a piece of music I have been aware of for awhile now. For some reason today, it struck that nerve and excited me to the point where I felt the need to blog about it, to share it with you. The name of the song is Nothing Can Keep Me Away. Released back in 2011 on the 10th volume of the Epic & Adventure series, Nothing is amazing especially when heard the way it should be heard, on those big boy speakers.

It's short, no more than two minutes and six seconds but it packs a serious punch. It starts off innocuous enough, just a beat, percussion, and some melody. It moves on and grows darker and more menacing until there's an explosion of sound and the melody becomes more prominent. If you can hear the low end you can hear massive percussive hits, and then the vocals come in which ramp up the intensity. And just like that, the song is over.

Maybe I finally heard all the nuances to this piece today, maybe I listened to it at the volume it was supposed to be listened to. Whatever the reason is, today this song hit me and I felt it was worthy of inclusion on my blog and to be shared with you.


1 comment:

  1. Okay...I first played this on my baby boy computer speakers. I know you, so I KNEW I wasn't hearing what YOU must have heard. Out come the grown up headphones (thank you again!) and....DAMN!!!!!!!!

    HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!! Ohhhhhh my....yeah, I think I may have an audio orgasm. Hehehe ;-P

    ReplyDelete