Saturday, October 5, 2013

And The World Was Gone

I came upon this song by accident. I wasn't looking for it, it just happened to be in my facebook feed, suggested by a band that I like. They liked this song so I gave it a listen and it's absolutely beautiful. The name of the song is And The World Was Gone by the Snow Ghosts. It's off their debut release A Small Murmuration.

The song has a creep factor (as well as the attached video), but I think that's what gives the song it's bite. Produced by Ross Tones and lead vocals supplied by Hannah Cartwright, World is such a lovely song to listen to. The bass rumbles through the bottom end of this song in almost a primal way. I recommend the big boy speakers for this tune.

The video is disturbing but amazing in it's own right and I felt this song needed to be shared. I am now a fan of Snow Ghosts, and if you like the sound of this song then you will love their album. It's dark and moody just like this song, every song is gripping and haunting. I hope you enjoy their work like I do, I'm almost sure you will :)





1 comment:

  1. When the percussion kicked in...FUCK! I was lost. All the teasing lyrics in the beginning then I simply closed my eyes and gave in to the dark rhythm as it seized a hold of me. As you said...it was primal. I could listen to that for a long long time and never tire. I wasn't ready at ALL for it to fade away on me. In fact every time I listen (I'm up to 4x now) I get a little pissed that they drop me from those seductive dark talons. lol

    ReplyDelete