Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Welcome Home

The first thing you notice about this song is that it sounds like something you've already heard. Maybe from a movie or something, or a commercial selling some really obscure, hometown beer perhaps? Then you realize it's a foot stomping sing along song that sounds like so many other foot stomping sing along tunes, and maybe that's why I like it. The song is Welcome Home from Radical Face and it's grabbed me by my ear and won't let me go. It's off their 2007 release entitled Ghost.

This song is almost like two songs, the back end of the song is more musical and melancholy than the front end. I can't make out all the lyrics either so I suggest you don't try. Just listen to the melody, clap your hands, stomp your feet and get caught up in it. Ben Cooper's voice fits so perfectly and the vocal layering is perfect, not to mention the guitar playing.

Now normally I would say something like, "If you like this song then be sure to check out...," but sadly this is the best song on Ghost. After awhile a whole album of Ben's voice will grow annoying. That being said, check out The Mute off Radical Face's 2013 release  Radical Face: The Branches, that is if you like Welcome Home. Enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. lol well, M you were 75% right. lol It was better the second/third time around and on the headphones. I was caught up in the chorus, the bridge, and last bit of the song, but the first two verses just didn't quite hit for me. The vocals would lose me every time in their monotony and tempt me to quit. lol ~shrug~ Lumineers' "Hey Ho" and Mumford & Sons' "I Will Wait" seem better foot stomping, snatch you up and carry you along songs.

    ReplyDelete