Saturday, August 9, 2014

Iminluvwichoo

This is one of my favorite Eric Benet songs because it's both playful and funky. The song is called Iminluvwichoo and it's off his 2008 release entitled Love & Life. It's an uptempo groovy cut that is in my opinion the best cut off the album though Love & Life has a far more lighthearted feel than his previous album, 2005's Hurricane. That album was released after his very public break up with a certain Hollywood actress. Love & Life was Eric getting back to being Eric.  

The reason this particular song stuck out and struck me was because of the music track. Back in 1985 a duo named Renee & Angela released an incredible album called Street Called Desire and on that album they recorded a song entitled I'll Be Good. Iminluvwichoo is almost entirely built off the foundation of I'll Be Good and I have no problem with that at all because I LOVE I'll Be Good. So this song makes me smile every time I hear it.

Iminluvwichoo is a duet with Linda Kirally so I am firmly under the belief that Eric purposefully set out to make this song sound like Renee & Angela's classic as much as he possibly could and bravo to him. Not only does it make this song rock but it re-introduces people to (in my opinion) one of the most underrated R&B duos to ever record. If you like this track, check out Eric's The Hunger off the same album, and if you are so inclined, go listen to I'll Be Good, you won't be sorry. Enjoy...and you're welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment