Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Nation Rejects

When I first heard this track by The Art of Noise I immediately became infatuated with it. It's entitled A Nation Rejects and it's on the B side of the 12" single Paranoimia that was released in 1986. Meaning if you didn't pick up that single, you missed out. Since I was and still am to this day a major fan of The Art of Noise I pretty much bought everything they released and I was routinely rewarded with such gems as Nation.

Nation is a dark, mournful song with a sweet hypnotic melody that rides on top of the track. It's a track I kept playing over and over again which drove my mother crazy. It's also a song that inspires hope, as if audibly telling you that while it may be dark today, the sun will shine tomorrow. It's arranged perfectly and it solidified me as a fan of theirs.

I don't need to say anymore, check the song out for  yourself and let me know what you think. It's a blast from the past from me but it may become your new favorite tune, who knows? If you enjoy this then you might want to listen to Legacy the 8+ minute version. It's absolutely incredible the way they layer the sounds one on top of the next never losing the soul of the track. There are two groups I miss from my childhood, the original line up of Pink Floyd and The Art of Noise. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment