Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I Wanna Know

Second time The Foreign Exchange has graced my blog and this time I bring you the smooth track entitled I Wanna Know from their 2008 album Leave It All Behind. I love this groups music even though their sound is accessible aka pop. It's still witty and biting at times. The lyrics are provided by rapper/singer Phonte Coleman and the tracks are crafted by producer Nicolay and together these two men have done exceptional work.

I Wanna Know starts off with Phonte singing  Okay, you can blame it all on me tonight / Don't wanna walk away / Tonight I'll be the bigger man which immediately let's you know this is not your average love song. He has a great voice with range and Nicolay does his best to highlight it by not drowning it out with overproduction. The track is simple which helps you focus on the lyrics but it's arranged masterfully. There are points in the song where Phonte's vocals are layered which adds a wonderful dimension to the song.

Leave It All Behind is the second album from this duo and it spawned both a Grammy nomination and a Grammy win for the song Daykeeper, a song I highly recommend if you dig this one. Enjoy...and yes, you're welcome :)







No comments:

Post a Comment