Monday, July 28, 2014

Out For Blood

This piece hit me in the headphones today and it demanded my attention. Epic in scale, Out For Blood is off the 2014 Epic Score album entitled Strength To Believe and it is amazing. Every time I wonder how these guys can keep this going, if they can surpass their previous pieces of ridiculous melodies, magnificent arrangements, and soaring vocals, they hit me with a new track that clears the bar all the time.

Blood starts off dramatic, there is no slow intro here. It gets into full groove almost right away with the pounding percussion keeping the tempo alive. It's got a great melody and the arrangement keeps this piece from getting boring. The layering of the vocals on top of all that's going on is a masterstroke. I'm having a hard time not keeping this on repeat because it has definitely moved up in the queue.

If you're a fan of epic music or position music then you should check out Strength To Believe. It won't disappoint. And if you like this cut in particular then I highly recommend you check out Tower Fall off this same album. Enjoy and you're welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment