Thursday, July 24, 2014

After Dreaming

This is Wasis Diop's second appearance on my blog, which means I am a considerable fan. This time the song I am introducing you to is entitled After Dreaming off of his 1998 release Toxu. Wasis hails from Senegal and unless you're fluent in Senegalese you won't catch the lyrics, but the song is something special nonetheless. It's a cool out, chill song with some great vocals supplied by an amazing yet sadly uncredited female singer.

The song starts off with Wasis seemingly walking along side a river and entering a structure, whispering and turning on some equipment. The ethereal music then slides in and the sweet vocals of the female singer clashes so sonically beautiful with Wasis' own gravely baritone that you think it can't get any better. Then the chorus comes in with what sounds like a choir and takes this piece to another level. I really do no mind that I am unable to know what the two are singing about. Beautiful music is beautiful music and this is beautiful music, period.

Toxu is an amazing album and if you like the sound of this then you will absolutely adore Everything (Is Never Quite Enough). His sound is smooth, relaxing, sensual, and inspiring. Don't believe me? That's great, take a listen for yourself and let your ears convince you. I am confident they will. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I've listened to this a half a dozen times so far. Liquid gold. Warm, sultry, and so damn sexy. Will you please add to my playlist, M??? lol

    ReplyDelete