Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lost In Las Vegas

I am a very big fan of the instrumental group Two Steps From Hell and there are a few pieces of their music littered throughout my blog. Today I wanted to introduce you to another piece by them that is unlike anything they've ever done before. First the length of the song is unusually long for them, it's a winding ten minute plus long musical journey which initially surprise me. Secondly what caught me off guard was the brightness of the sound. Two Steps does epic music, trailer music with overpowering orchestration and towering vocals, this song does NOT fall in that category.

It starts out innocently enough as the sounds start to layer, giving you no indication as to what's about to hit, the calm before the musical storm so to speak. The ethereal voices come in as the music starts to pick up steam and at the 3:53 mark this song spreads its wings and takes flight.

Off of their brand new release entitled Miracles, Lost in Las Vegas is a playful, groovy, infectious song that will make you bop your head and tap your toes. It may also put a smile on your face if you're not careful. This song has made me an even bigger fan of Two Steps and I didn't think that was even a possibility. Give this a listen and they may just make a fan out of you too. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment