Monday, October 25, 2010

All Is Full of Love

First time I heard this song I was blown away and thought this song was absolutely amazing. It’s called “All Is Full of Love” and it’s by the Icelandic born, swan dress wearing impish artist Bjork. Now I’ve heard other songs from her like her classic hip hop beat heavy “Army of Me” and instantly became a fan. I went out and bought a good amount of her stuff and the remixes and I always kept my ear open for anything new coming from her. Her lyrics were usually quirky and funny and her vocals a bit off but her musicianship was always new and inventive and that combination kept me listening and kept me a fan. Then she dropped this song and I thought she had exceeded even herself.

“All” is simple and yet beautiful song. It’s lush and bass heavy with a beautiful melody and sentiment. It starts off slow and methodically, never in a rush and never giving anything away. Bjork comes in with “You’ll be given love / You’ll be taken care of / You’ll be given…love / You have to trust it”, simple yet powerful. Once the front lady for the successful band known as the Sugarcubes, Bjork found her own identity and massive success after the Cubes broke up in 1992 by copying no one. She is a completely original artist that’s pretty much spawned Bjork wannabees but none of them could have ever dreamt having a song like “All is full of love” in their collections.

What’s more, the beauty and elegance of this song is captured perfectly in the video for the song and outside of a few exceptions in my opinion this is one of the best blends of image and song. It was edited and even banned in some countries and when you watch the vidoe I think you'll see why. Still I think it is amazing so watch and listen and let me know if you agree with me.



1 comment:

  1. I can't even think of a word to describe this song. You already said amazing! I had to listen twice. Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete