Monday, October 18, 2010

Paradise Circus (Gui Boratto remix)

I know I haven’t been around but I’ve been busy dealing with some setbacks in the personal but when I heard this song I had to share it. I thought it was just too damn sexy to keep to myself. It’s a song I’ve heard before but the remix of this song is one I’ve never heard before and in my opinion a remix of a song doesn’t make the song better, it just gives you a different viewpoint of the song. It let’s you see the song how the remixer sees it. This time however the remix of Paradise Circus by one of my all time favorite groups Massive Attack is better than the original. As usual the remix keeps many of the same elements as the original like the sultry vocals by Hope Sandoval and melodies but the remix slows this song down and incorporates a seductive groove that will have you wanting to hear it over and over again.

The original version which is on the latest Massive Attack album "Heligoland" released earlier this year is in my opinion sounds hollow. It's a great song and the strings at the end are a great touch but the remix is a meal while the original is a slice of pizza. It's tasty pizza but it's still just a slice. I’m not going to bad mouth the original, I’m just really digging the remix more. While the original is hypnotic (which Massive does so well) the remix by Gui Boratto is seductive (there’s that word again). The beat and the bass line works so well together and the energy this song creates on a dancefloor is unimaginable. The piano comes in and everything just falls into place but then when you add the vocals on top of the rumbling bassline which leads into the dark twangy guitar, this song takes off.

It’s recently been used in a car commercial by Lincoln for their hybrid SUV and while I’m not always a fan of that, I have to admit that whoever put that commercial together used the song perfectly. Ignoring that little fact though, take a listen and let me know if you think this remix is as hot as I think it is.




1 comment:

  1. I love Massive Attack; specifically Teardrop (the House theme song). You're absolutely correct in saying that Massive Attack is very hypnotic. This is a great song as well.

    ReplyDelete