Sunday, May 15, 2011

You're All I Need


If you don't know anything about Slow Runner or their music then allow me to introduce to you the musical stylings of Michael Flynn, Josh Kaler, Danny Cassady, and Dave Middleton. There is one word that always comes to mind when I hear their music and it's "provocative". Reason being their sound can change dramatically from one song to another from one album to another that it shows just how talented this group truly is. And "You're All I Need" is the best song to make the introduction stick because it's really hard to forget.

Musically it's just so smooth and relaxing and it starts off so nicely with the shaker, keys, and addictive percussion. Then Michael Flynn's vocals come in and add some serious depth to the song with lyrics like "You're all I need/You're on my mind when my airplane's fading into trees and the shadows". It's not your typical love song and it's not epic, it's just tasty. The lone violin that comes in towards the end of the song just adds to the beauty of the song. It's not overly arranged and there's no real bassline to speak of which makes this song....provocative.

"You're All I Need" comes off of their three song 2010 EP release "Ghost Rendition". I also highly recommend their song "Rainyface" also off that EP. This a very talented band with a very bright future and I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Enjoy (and you're welcome for the introduction).


No comments:

Post a Comment