Monday, June 6, 2011

Adore

It's high time this classic be added to "the playlist" because it is most definitely deserving. It might actually be listed by me as one of my all time favorite songs. If I ever composed a list of my favorites this song would definitely be on it. It's playful, erotic, passionate, and funky. That's a deadly but addictive combination but I truly believe this song falls into that category. Maybe not deadly but without a doubt highly addictive. It's a standout song on a double record set full of amazing songs. The artist is Prince and the song is Adore.

What was supposed to originally be a three LP album called Crystal Ball was shaved down to two at the demands of Prince's then home Warner Bros. Records. WB didn't think a three LP album would sell basing that opinion on the lack of sales of Prince's previous release Parade, the soundtrack to his Under The Cherry Moon film. I think they underestimated their biggest artists of the day fan base. Crystal Ball would have flown off the shelves. Sign, released on March 31, 1987 was his best album in my opinion with songs like Sign Of the Times, Housequake, You Got The Look with his muse Sheena Easton, If I Was Your Girlfriend, I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man, and the amazing The Cross. This album had something for everyone and just when you thought it couldn't get any better the last song was this song.

Adore starts off with a live audience applauding and the band coming in as tight as you would expect any band led by Prince to be. The music is whimsical and Prince begins to sing Until the end of time/I'll be there for you/You own my heart and mind/I truly adore you/If God one day struck me blind/Your beauty I'd still see/Love's too weak to define/ Just what you mean to me...you knew you were in for something special. When you listened to this album and this song you were listening to greatness because you knew no other artist could do anything like this. A unique album, a unique song by the most unique musical genius ever. Enjoy!







Prince- Adore MP3 Download

No comments:

Post a Comment