Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Everlong

Okay so I have this friend named David and David is a VERY big Foo Fighters fan and he brought them and their music to my attention. I gave them a solid listening to but nothing grabbed me hard enough to turn me into as big of a fan as David is (did I mention he is a really big fan?). The one song that did catch me though was this one entitled Everlong and it's really a beautiful song. I love the melody and the lyrics. It's a cool song when the Fighters rock it out with the crunching guitars and screaming vocals but to see the true beauty in this song the acoustic version should be heard.

Everlong was off the Foo Fighters second album The Color and the Shape which dropped in May of 97. The original version of Everlong is a hard charging rocker that comes in with the single guitar riff but not long after that the song explodes with guitars and drums and Grohl's vocals. My favorite lyric in the song is Breathe out so I can breathe you in/Hold you in. This song is definitely worthy of making the playlist.

I couldn't thank Dave enough for introducing me to Foo Fighters and this song. It's made me respect the band as artists and Grohl as more than just a drummer. It's also made me a fan, just not as big a fan as David is.

1 comment:

  1. You Already know Mark. Lol.
    Thanks for the shout Dude.

    Pick up the new joint Bro. Wasting Light. It Rocks front to back.

    ReplyDelete