Monday, June 20, 2011

Beautiful

Okay let me just say that from the start this song isn't the most craftiest of songs. It's a decent song by a decent singer and that's as far as I'll go on this track by Noel Gourdin. Beautiful doesn't have any of those wow moments and the more you listen to it the more you can begin to pick out the weak spots. Now you're probably asking yourself "Well Mark why would you blog about a halfway decent song?" and if you aren't, why aren't you? I'll be more than happy to explain why this song makes the blog and it may be the first and last time I make this exception.

Don't get me wrong, Beautiful isn't crap. Off of Noel's latest release Fresh:The Definition , Beautiful has got a great beat, a sweet piano, and can't forget the strings that come in during the chorus along with the bass line. The musicianship and arrangement is tight, it's the lyrics that drag this song down BUT I love the message of this song and that's why it makes the playlist. I don't know who wrote the lyrics but lines like "so soft, so sweet, like a fresh strawberry/I want to bite you, squeeze you, your love is necessary" just makes me cringe. I love the sentiment though and that's what matters but other songs of this type, where men come around to finally realizing a woman deserves his respect and love have been done far better.

This is a good attempt by Noel Gourdin but I'm sure he can do better, at least I hope he can. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment