Saturday, May 19, 2012

Invitation

I got my hands on this soundtrack very recently as I am really looking forward to the movie. Immediately this piece jumped out at me and won't leave me alone. I can't stop listening to it, it's haunting. The cut is called Invitation off of the Prometheus soundtrack composed by the very talented Marc Streitenfeld. This track is lush, moving, rich, and simply beautiful. I am really looking forward to the visuals that this music accompanies Ridley Scott's new film.

Ridley and Marc have worked together once before on Ridley's great film Body of Lies. The music on that film was intense, the perfect marriage to the movies images thus it only stands to reason why Ridley would pick Marc to score this movie. The one movie Alien fans worldwide have been waiting for since the movie landed in theaters back in 1979. The rest of the score was good, I especially like A Planet, Going In, and Marc's take on Jerry Goldsmiths original Alien theme on Friend From The Past.

But Invitation is the stand out to me. Take a listen and see if you agree. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment