Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ceu Distante (DJ Spinna Remix)

Okay, to continue with the international flair with a subtle shift of gears I introduce you to the cool out portion of my blog. The last post was all about the sexy, this post is all about the chill. The last post was about something seductive, this post is about something smooth. The last post was about simmer, this post is about Bebel Gilberto and her song Ceu Distante.

Now I am suggesting the remixed version of this song as to the original for three reasons. First off the remix is longer than the original version. Whereas the original comes in under a little under three minutes the remix rolls on for almost four and a half minutes. Secondly, the original version has no backbeat or any real bassline to speak of. It's more ethereal and and awhole let less groovy as opposed to the groove heavy remix that will have you bopping your head and tapping your foot as you sip your Grey Goose, feel me? And lastly, the remix is just better.

If you don't speak Portuguese or anything close to it (like myself) then you won't understand the lyrics but don't worry about that. Bebel's sultry vocals over this track makes it work to the point that you don't care if you can't understand her because it's the kind of track that screams chill out and slow down. So knowing what she's saying is really rather irrelevant. This is a perfect addition to any playlist that's in rotation when your friends come over and hang out.

Last but not least I have to give it up to my fellow music lover Jose for putting me on to this track. I can take no credit for finding this jewel on my own. What I can take credit for though is putting you, the reader up on it and when you let your friends hear this great song you unearthed, guess how much cooler you will be to them?


Download and enjoy or take a listen.....



No comments:

Post a Comment