Saturday, July 24, 2010

Welcome to Tasty Tunes


The only thing that rivals Starburst jellybeans as my biggest addiction is music and I pretty much listen to every form of music there is. Because of this I decided to start a music blog. It will basically consist of music that I would normally just share with my friends but will now share with anyone who reads my blog.


Tasty Tunes won't have anything to do with music that is currently playing on the radio (mainly because I don't listen to the radio because the radio sucks and if you're reading my blog then you agree).


The first tune I want to recommend for a listen is John Coltrane's "Central Park West". It's my all time favorite jazz tune and it's one that I think should be heard by everyone on the planet at least once. It's a beautiful, haunting, ans melancholy all at same time. It's arranged perfectly and it's over in less than five minutes. Short but oh so sweet.

Download and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. ~sigh~ Thank you Mark. This is an absolutely beautiful piece of music, and the first time I truly listened to jazz was this post. And as for your blog...you're posts have been one of the richest musical experiences of my life. :-) ~kiss~

    ReplyDelete