Friday, July 30, 2010

Epoca

Continuing with the international flavor, I bring to you a song that I find amazing every single time I hear it. I always hear something new with each and every listen. When I heard this tune I ran right out and told everyone I knew about it because I just thought it had to be heard. I also ran right out and bought the CD and every CD this group has released since. The group is Gotan Project and the song is Epoca.

The first time I heard this song I felt the exact same way I felt when I first heard Massive Attack's "Unfinished Sympathy". I was snatched up and transported to a musical place I never knew existed. A place where the music wasn't cookie cutter, a place where real artists made real music for the love of it and I have been doing my best to stay there. It hasn't been easy but's definitely been worth it.

Now, do we care what's being sung by the vocalist? You already know the answer is a big fat no. This is because you'll be too busy bopping your head to the beat, admiring the arrangement, and falling in love with the piano that comes in out of nowhere and adds an air of sophistication to this Tango-licious tune.

Sadly this song has been used recently in an ad campaign for of all things, dishwashing detergent. If you can somehow ignore that fact though and just enjoy this song for what it has to offer then you too may become a fan of Gotan Project like I am. Take a listen and tell me if I'm right :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment