Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bittersweet Faith


When I first heard this song I was immediately hit by the musicianship and the strings. I was online one late night just looking for something new musically that I hadn't heard before and I was just punching things in my search engines. I came across a few things that night but this song was the shiny gem of the bunch. The name of the song is Bittersweet Faith by Bitter:Sweet. It's off of their 2006 release "The Mating Game" and this song will make you bop your head, I swear.

It has a tango feel to it at first and then the strings and percussion come in and that adds the groove. Then the vocals by Shana Halligan come floating in over the track giving it an added dimension. Now granted, Shana isn't the strongest of vocalists but her voice is just another instrument added to the mix. You can almost disregard what she's singing about because the track has grabbed you and won't let go. My favorite part of this song is when Shana begins the second verse, all the instrumentation drops away and it's just her, the strings, and the bass. Lovely.

I like this song a lot and if you give it a chance you just may become a fan of Bitter:Sweet yourself. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment