Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Right Eye


I haven't blogged in a while for a few reasons. Some reasons were personal and one reason in particular was I was allowing some new readers to catch up from digging through the archives (there are a LOT of songs on this blog o'mine...lol). I'm back now though so I hope all you new people are all caught up, this train is about to leave the station and this is the perfect song to leave said station to. When I first heard this song I was struck by it's ethereal sound and it made me pay attention. The artist is Laurie Anderson and in this case the word artist fits perfectly. Laurie Anderson is not just a musician but a performance artist and sculptor.

My Right Eye is off of her 2010 album Homeland and it's not really a song I can break down, it's more a song you just have to listen to. A song you have to listen and pay attention too. It's a song with no real hook or structure but it's damn addictive. It's intense in it's easy nature and cinematic in sound and scope, like it could be the song the end titles run to at the end of a movie.

I don't know if this song will make you a fan of Laurie Anderson like it did me. I thought the song was worthy of being shared and listened to. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment