Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sunrise


I fell head over heels for this song when I first heard it and every time it comes up on the playlist I smile. It transports me back to a time when everything was genuine and true in my life and hardship and heartbreak seemed miles from shore. The song is "Sunrise" by the immensely talented Norah Jones off of her 2004 release "Feels Like Home".

I don't know if it's the easy laid back feel of the song, the beautiful melody, or the piano, guitar, upright bass, and knuckles on wood accompaniment that makes this a favorite of mine. Maybe it's Norah's voice or just the overall sweet sentiment. It's a well arranged song and the voice layering is pitch perfect. I don't know about anyone else but this song definitely reminds me of home. That's why it'll always be a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment