Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Luna Negra


One of my all time favorite songs is Luna Negra by Rey Ruiz. It's not one of my favorite salsa songs, it's one of my favorite songs period (and I don't even speak Spanish). Whenever I hear it I just want to dance and I always remember how I felt when I heard it the first time, it gave me goosebumps because I had never heard anything like it before. Sure I've heard some great salsa songs before ever hearing Luna Negra but for some reason this song struck a different chord in me and I was an instant fan.

It's a song about serious heartbreak and how a man finally knows what pain is like when his love walks out on him. He then sees a Black moon but holds on to the hope that one day he and his love will be re-united again to see another morning together. Ruiz' voice is like silk and the music with the muted horns is simply pure perfection.

Like I said earlier, Luna Negra is one of my all time favorite songs. If you take a listen to this classic it may become one of your all time favorite songs too (even if you don't speak Spanish). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment