Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bound To You

I just heard this song (because there was no way I was seeing the movie this song was in) and I think it is absolutely beautiful. The artist is Christina Aguilera and the song is Bound To You. I think we can all agree that Christina can sing. I mean, I don't think there's any debate on that, is there? The girl has some lungs on her and her voice can evoke memories or images of chuuch. Now while she sings every kind of song you would figure a blonde haired pop singer would sing, it's songs like this that seem tailor made for her talents.

It starts off softly enough with just a piano and strings playing a haunting melody. She comes in equally as soft until she gets close to the chorus. She starts picking up steam and flexes her impressive vocal chords. The second verse brings in the percussion and the song simmers on a low flame but it damn sure cooks. I don't know how I could have missed this song. Was the movie Burlesque that bad that the record label wouldn't even dare release this as a single? Or was it and was I off listening to something esle at the time?

I have no idea but I am glad I heard it finally and I urge everyone else to take a listen. If you've heard this song before then enjoy it again and if it's your first time experiencing it, all I will say is you're welcome ;) Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Loved this. Every time I listen it leaves me a little stunned.

    ReplyDelete