Monday, April 2, 2012

Think Like A Man


Now I have been known to ignore pretty much everything that Rick Ross is involved in but this damn song is just so catchy that I just tune his weak rap right out. It's a catchy Jennifer Hudson and Ne-Yo collaboration entitled Think Like A Man from the soundtrack from the upcoming movie of the same name. Never one to be disappointed when these two artists get together on a track, I gave this song a whirl and I'm glad I did.

The song is high energy from the start with Jennifer flexing her impressive vocal abilities over the catchy track and the lyrics are smart. I do think the chorus was a little over done but when I found myself singing the damn hook I realized it was genius. Ne-Yo brings in the second verse and the song just gets better in my opinion. When he sings Now I'm telling you lies/All because I hate to see the tears in your eyes/Of course I want my cake and eat it too I'm a guy/And of course you don't understand/But you would if you thought like a man it's hard not to love this song. Ignore the rap that has not a thing to do with the sentiment of the song like I do and you will be greatly entertained (and if you like Rick then all the better for you).

Another great offering from two very talented artists actually has me looking forward to the movie. And while I LOVE movies, no song has ever done that to me before. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment