Friday, December 13, 2013

I See Fire

The second I heard the voice of Ed Sheeran sing the opening of this tragically poignant and beautiful song I knew I was going to blog it. It had to be shared even though if you go to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug then you will hear it like I did. It plays over the closing credits and it's the perfect song for the close. See it and you'll see why.

The song begins with Ed's intro with a lilting Irish tinge to it. Then when the guitar kicks in and you get a hint of the melody the song begins to unfold for you. The lyrics are all about the quest for the Dwarves of Erebor to reclaim their homeland if they can best the dragon Smaug that inhabits their mountain. The song was written specifically for the movie and it's pitch perfect.

Ed Sheeran isn't widely known here in the states, but something tells me that is about to change. Take a listen and let me know if you agree with me. Enjoy!


























1 comment:

  1. Music has been a heavy part of my day today (thank you again ~kiss~), and this track this afternoon topped the day perfectly. Haunting. I think I've listened to it at least 10 times already. His voice fits this like a glove.

    ReplyDelete