Saturday, December 21, 2013

Drunk In Love

I have been grooving to this song for a few days now and felt it should hold the honor of being the first Beyonce song on my blog. Drunk In Love is a sexy, groovy, banger and usually those three words aren't put in the same sentence when it comes to a song. This time though those words are the best words that describe this song.

Off of her latest self titled album, Drunk In Love is all about Beyonce's physical relationship with Jay-Z and their first night together. Jays verse spells that out quite clearly and cleverly. My favorite part of the song comes at the 5:15 mark when the song changes and becomes truly sexy, when everything slowly falls away until it's just Beyonce and a synth patch.

This is the best song I have heard off her latest release but honestly I haven't given anything else on her album a chance to grow on me. I've always come back to DIL because it's that good to me. Take a listen and tell me what you think. Enjoy.






1 comment:

  1. When you sent this to me the other night, I was simply expecting another Beyonce jingle. (Why did I even think that for a second knowing you?!? lol) What I got knocked me over hard. I can't get enough of the primal, raw, out of control edge of this. Yeah...I can so understand what she's talking about... ;-)

    ReplyDelete