Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rise & Fall


Allow me to introduce to you the musical stylings of Gemini and yes you should break out your big boy speakers for this. I'm introducing him and his music as an alternative to Skrillex (who is also on my blog by the way). Gemini, like Skrillex is a dubstep artist yet his music isn't nearly as aggressive and all over you as most of the genres is. Gemini is more melodious and harmonic to me to me than say Skrillex or Noisia (even though I love what they both do immensely).

The beauty of this cut IS it's melody but don't get it wrong. Once you look past it's pretty melodies and vocals, this song gets mean and that makes it a lot of fun. The beat is hard, the overlapping bass lines are heavy, and the strings are a really nice touch. Off of his "Blue" EP, Rise & Fall has quickly become one of my favorite songs.

If you aren't up on "dubstep" yet then you might want to look into some of the artists mentioned above. Granted, white it's not for everyone and not that it's the future of anything, I've found it's just a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment