Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fides En Lucius Dei


This is one of my all time favorite pieces of music, it may have something to do with how the drums never stop driving this piece onward, who knows. What I do know is the name of the piece, it's Fides En Lucius Dei and it's by Trailerhead. The first time I stumbled upon this music, I honestly wondered where it had been all my life. It's glorious and moving, and it takes you along for the ride.

Like I said, the drums never cease but the song starts out real timid, you get a taste of what's to come but you have no idea. Then the voices come in and the song picks up momentum as the drums open up. The voices ride along, adding a dimension of gravitas you didn't expect to get from how the piece started. Then the voices begin to build and the next thing you know, you're amongst the clouds, the wind in your hair, and the sun on your face.

Then just like that, it's over, but the drums never leave you. They softly fade out like they faded in and the ending suddenly isn't that bad. I don't know about you but I wanted to hear this again as soon as it was over. Will it be a one time thing for you? Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. With that intro, I just HAD to get out of bed and listen to that one on the big speakers. You - as always - didn't let me down and gave me everything you promised. :-) Thank you M for once again giving me another beautiful piece that moves my soul. ~kiss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It brings me a joy I cannot put into words when I introduce new music to someone so the pleasure is all mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice. It took me to another place. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was my pleasure Dee. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete