Sunday, March 31, 2013

First of the Year

This song should have been posted a long time ago because I really love it, it should have been shared by now. The name of the song is First Of The Year and the artist is Skrillex. This is the second time Skrillex has made an appearance on my blog and that's only because the songs have been worthy, this one especially.

First of the Year is explosive and hard not to enjoy, even if you don't like dub step. The song starts off all sweet and tender, not preparing you for what's to come. The melody is nice, the vocals almost child like and the song takes a playful rest. That is until that first scream for 911 comes in. The darkness and the madness descends on the song and the true talent of Skrillex is seen. The beat picks up after the second 911 request after a few measures and then falls back into the familiar groove.

First time I heard First of the Year, I couldn't turn it off (same thing for the video as well). This song didn't make me a Skrillex fan, I was already one by the time I heard this but it did make me a bigger one. Even if dub step is not your thing, take a listen, be open minded and it may just convert you. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment