Saturday, January 11, 2014

Decision

I don't usually post hip hop on my blog, mainly because most hip hop today contains a word so vile that it rankles me. Yet every now and then there comes a song that catches me off guard and just flat out floors me, like this one. It's called Decision by Busta Rhymes and it's off his 2009 LP Back On My B.S. Now as the title states, you can just imagine what's being bantered about on about 98% of the album, but the other 2% is just downright beautiful.

Decision stars Jamie Foxx, John Legend, Mary J. Blige, and Common. In fact Jamie is the first voice you hear as he sings the chorus. Busta follows him and flows strongly over the beautiful melody. Then Mary comes in with the chorus and harmonizes behind Busta as he raps his second verse. Then John Legend sings the chorus and he's followed by Common. The thing that catches me is how this is a song about real friendship, unconditional friendship which we all could use.

I am not a big Busta Rhymes fan but I am of Decision and I can't seem to get it out of my head. Hopefully you'll enjoy this song as much as I do, and if it doesn't make you a fan of Busta's, maybe it'll make you a fan of the song at the very least. Enjoy.




1 comment: