Sunday, January 26, 2014

Giving You The Best That I Got

Today is the birthday of one of the most mesmerizing voices to ever lay vocals over music. Today is the birthday of the wonderfully talented Anita Baker. She turns 56 years old and I thought the best way to wish her a happy birthday was by posting my favorite song of hers. Giving You The Best That I Got is from her multiplatinum, multi Grammy award winning, and multi Soul Train award winning album of the same name.

Released in 2009, Giving You The Best That I Got yielded Anita Baker's highest chart topping song in the U.S. Best That I Got reached number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. This song will always be my favorite by her because not only is it a well written song but because she shows off the many ranges of her velvet voice.

Happy Birthday Ms. Baker and may you see many, many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment