Saturday, January 18, 2014

Forging a New Light

The second this song hits my ears my energy levels rise. This piece by Danny Cocke entitled Forging a New Light always seems to put some serious pep in my step. This song is off Danny's 2012 release Verge of Total Chaos and I never get tired of hearing it. I am a big fan of what's known as "trailer music" or "epic music" and Danny Cocke has put some amazing stuff together in the genre, especially this song.

Forging starts off nice and light with some foreboding darkness with the strings and the voices, then suddenly the piece picks up steam and a rhythm. The percussion soon joins in along with the voices and it seems to be headed toward a crescendo only to fall away at the 1:18 mark. The respite is over quickly though as the song comes back stronger and more alive with horns adding to the body of the piece. The horns along with the voices and the strings bring this song to a crashing finale, punctuated by the nice fade to silence.

I haven't heard this piece attached to any trailer as of yet, which is surprising. However should I get the chance to be a part of a movie in any way, say for instance I write a book that gets made into a movie, I am suggesting this track for the trailer. It's THAT good. And if you like this then definitely check out Sinister Intent (which was the trailer music for Elysium) and The Guardians by him. Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! YES!!!! I'm grinning from eat to ear! I could see the different scenes flash in and out. Perfect choice, M! :-)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete