Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baby Be Mine

When I first heard this song it haunted me. I heard a snippet of it and said, "now that sounds familiar". The more it played the more I realized it was a remake of the classic Micheal Jackson song Baby Be Mine off of his record breaking Thriller LP. This remake is on the Think Like a Man soundtrack and since I'm a fan of the film I decided to give the soundtrack another chance to grow on me. Nothing did but this sexy remake.

It's brought to us by a Danish duo that calls itself Quadron. On vocals is Coco Maja Hastrup Karshøj and everything else is done by Robin Hannibal. Together they took one of my favorite MJ songs, slowed it down, and vamped it up. I love it. I think they show a real appreciation and love for MJ and I liked that they chose this song to redo. Baby Be Mine truly got overshadowed on Thriller, but now maybe it'll get some well deserved love.

I love Coco's voice, how it cracks at times and sometimes it just can't reach that note. I love that she's not trying to "be" Michael and Robin is not trying to "be" Quincy Jones. The backing track is hypnotic and so effective in its simplicity. I loved the original from day one and now I love it's remake. I hope you do too, enjoy!

p.s. don't let the video distract you from the song until the end :)


No comments:

Post a Comment