Thursday, August 9, 2012

Madelena

I was a bit edgy this evening. I don't know why and I hate when I get that way, when I can't self diagnose my own issue. The one thing that has always pulled me back from the brink has been music, not just any kind though. It usually has to be something I feel is special, something that stirs my soul, something like this song by Brian Culbertson. It's called Madelena and it's beauty is something I've not heard in awhile. Though Brian has never let me down before in his ability to make some songs blow me away.

Off of his 2012 release entitled Dreams, Madelena to me is the jewel of the album though some would argue that Still Here featuring Vivian Green holds that title. Still Here is amazing but my money is on this pretty piece of music right here. Now I said in a previous post that if you weren't up on some U2 music that you were living under a big, heavy rock. If you have never heard of Brian Culbertson then you're still living under a rock but it's more like a pebble this time around.

It was an off night for me. A bad night, an aggravating one of my own design. Perhaps I owe some people an apology. I just hope they understand that whatever happened wasn't solely on them, my fingerprints are all over "it" as well. Brian pulled me off the ledge and Madelena cleared all the clutter out of my head, so much so that I just had to share it with you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I was under a pebble. Out of all the artists, you've introduced me to on your blog, Brian's music truly has touched me deeply. This song is so incredibly fragile and stunning that it brought me to tears the first time I listened. Since then, I've been eating up Brian's tracks! I'm a YouTube stalker! lol Thank you again for sharing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete