Monday, August 6, 2012

Beautiful Day

Here's another tune I love, mainly because it just reminds me of my favorite season, Summer. I am a pretty nice sized U2 fan (saw em in concert, bought their CD's, watched Rattle and Hum more times than I can remember) so I say that to say this, I'm pretty familiar with their material. If you arent't then you've been living under a rock, a big heavy one too, seriously! The name of the song is Beautiful Day off of their 2000 album All That You Can't Leave Behind. This was a shaky time for U2. They were coming off the disappointing sales of Zooropa and Pop and people were wondering if they still had it. The band releases this album and the questions cease.

This is one of my favorite songs off this album because it felt like the band had gone back to their roots. Before this album it seems they were evolving in a way that lost them some fans (like me). This album seems to be them finding their way back on the right musical path. I played this song constantly because not only did I love the music and the lyrics but I also loved the sentiment.


Like I said, not THE favorite but one of them and I felt it was time I shared that on my blog. Don't like it? Start your own blog...lol Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment