Thursday, August 23, 2012

Run This Town

When I found this song I was honestly excited and giddy. I am a fan of everyone on this song. The brothers that made up the group E.S. Posthumus decided to add a more cinematic flare and epic drama to Jay-Z and Rihanna's Run This Town and it's really hard not to love this tune. Even if you aren't a hip hop fan, it's hard not to appreciate what they did, especially if you know what the original sounds like.

If you don't know anything about E.S. Posthumus' music then allow me to open that door for you. They are have already blessed my blog with the song Varuna (which is amazing in its relentlessness, it doesn't stop coming after you), it's a song I really love and it made me a bigger fan of the group. Then I heard what they did to Jay-Z' Run This Town and I was blown away.

There's an added darkness, a serious edge to this remix that the original missed out on. It makes the song more dangerous even though there are times where Jay is drowned out by the music. I think E.S. was banking on the the fact that you already knew the original so they weren't worried about you hearing Jay all that much. And Jay deserves some credit for allowing this remix to even be done. It's a job well done by everyone. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment