Sunday, July 21, 2013

Snitch

I fell in love with Antonio Pinto's work before I even knew it. He did the score to a Nicholas Cage film that not many people saw entitled Lord of War. I thought it was gripping though I wasn't quite sure why. Then I saw the documentary on one of the greatest racing drivers to ever walk the earth, Ayrton Senna. Pinto did the haunting score for Senna and it was there that I noticed him. I've been a fan ever since.

Imagine my surprise to find out Antonio did the score to Snitch, the Dwayne Johnson vehicle based on a true story. While Antonio's music doesn't really fit the movie and it's dramatics, it's still beautiful music. Antonio uses strings and cellos in a way I have never heard before. This song, the main theme to the movie is so mournful, so yearning, and so beautiful that it gives me chills almost every time I hear it.

I went back to see Lord of War and to hear Antonio's work for that film and I was blown away and the menacing beauty of the score. He is an incredible talent and that was I listened to his score for the box office failure The Host, it was amazing. I look forward to anything by Antonio Pinto and after you hear this, maybe you'll feel the same. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. This was breathtaking. The cello ached and hungered as the other strings echoed with impatience. Listening I felt as if I was alone on a train going to my love the rhythm of the train rushing me toward my single desire. Definitely another tasty tune, M! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete