Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mend (To Fix, To Repair)

I came across this artist completely by accident. I was rummaging around itunes looking for whatever caught my ear and punched in the name of a group I had recently unearthed named Hybrid. I wanted to see if they had anything I had not heard yet and this artists album came up and curious me took a listen. The first thing that caught me was of course her voice. She sounds like a mix between Bjork and Macy Gray which of course is the most bizarre pairing of voices one could ever possibly conceive and yet here she was, in the flesh (so to speak).

Her name is Elsiane and her CD is entitled (of course) Hybrid. I took a listen to this song and was immediately hooked. It wasn’t just her voice that pulled me in but the music backing her made me pay more attention to it than just her voice. It's lush and beautiful and her vocals fit perfectly in with the track. Granted there are times I have no idea what she’s saying but to me that’s not always important, what’s important is how beautiful what I am listening to is and Hybrid is simply beautiful. And the prettiest song on this beautiful album to me is “Mend (To Fix, To Repair)”.

“Mend” is the reason I purchased the entire album of this artist I had never heard of before and I was never prouder of myself and happier with my taking the leap. This album is a cool out and it will not disappoint in any way. It’s great background music to unwind to after a long and stressful day and “Mend” is the song I recommend playing first. Pour yourself a glass of wine, put your feet up and begin your unwind with this track and you will thank me, I swear.

Maybe this song will hit you like it hit me, making me wonder how was it I had never heard of this woman and her music before and maybe like me you’ll want to share it with your friends. Or maybe you’ll just decide to keep this to yourself and enjoy it all on your own, who knows? What I do know is if you listen with an open mind you will come to love this song and it may just make you want to hear the rest of the album. You might want to buy some more wine though.



No comments:

Post a Comment