Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pa' Bailar

In keeping with the name of the blog I introduce to you a very tasty tune entitled Pa' Bailar by the group Bajofondo. This song is sexy, hot, and fun all at the same time and the vocals provided by Julieta Venegas makes this song sizzle. It's pretty much tango music for the 21st century. I'm more fond of the instrumental version but I thought I'd hit you with the vocal version instead (cause I'm just that kind of guy).

Bajofondo is a collective group of talented musicians, singers, and artists hailing from Brazil and neighboring Uruguay. They were formerly known as "Bajofondo Tango Club" but they shortened it to the hipper Bajofondo and when they felt they moved on past just making music for the tango. They have often been compared to Gotan Project but where Gotan Project has a more traditional sound to their music, Bajofondo were directly responsible for "electrotango" while also dipping into trip-hop, house music, and drum and bass.

While not much of that is obvious on this track, it still does it's thing. I first came across this song in the Acura ZDX car commercial. The tune caught my ear (the girl caught my eye but that's for some other blog) and it made me a fan almost immediately.

Maybe it will make you a fan too perhaps?



No comments:

Post a Comment